Friday, July 11, 2014

NXT Recap & News

As I've stated numerous times already, I look forward to Thursday nights on the WWE Network as it's always a lot of  fun for me. Tonight was no different as Total Divas and NXT aired as they normally would. However, Superstars would be held off until this afternoon and the incredible Ultimate Warrior Original Special would air in its place at 10pm.

Starting with Total Divas is cool. Now, I've seen both seasons with my girlfriend but we still go back and watch the episodes that run again on the WWE Network. Tonight's involved a fight between Jimmy/John Uso and Naomi/Trinity. It wasn't one of the episodes that I particularly liked so I don't have much to comment on it. However, I leave you with some Bella Twin booty.



Onto NXT, which is always rather glorious.Things started with the Divas division, which is superb. Bayley faced Summer Rae in a number one contender's match. Renee Young looked spectacular on commentary as usual. The crowd turned an old chant that I remember as "Taz is gonna kill you" from ECW, into "Bayley's gonna hug you" which was just great. Both girls brought it and got a good amount of time before Summer won. It looks like the former BBFs will be meeting for the NXT Women's Championship. Where is my Sasha Banks in all of this though?


Next, Sin Cara went one on one with Wesley Blake in a match that did nothing for me. I've never been a big Sin Cara fan and Blake did not impress me. Sin Cara won in a few minutes but the best part for me was that a tweet of mine appeared on screen for the second straight week! It read that I would give Bayley and all of her wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube men big hugs. I would. The Vaudevillains appeared and were awesome as usual.



Bull Dempsey competed again and knocked off Angelo Dawkins. I like Bull's old school gimmick but he doesn't do much for me just yet. Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel formed International Airstrike again, though not with the name, and took on NXT Champion Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn in the main event. It was a really good match as Zayn and Neville seem incapable of having bad matches. Kidd received "Nattie's Husband" chants again, which is a clever move. He accidentally knocked Natalya off the apron and faked concern so he could roll up Sami Zayn, who showed real concern, to win. HEELDOM!



Overall, this wasn't the strongest episode of NXT as two of the matches were skippable but the opening Divas match and the main event were both strong. I did not watch the Ultimate Warrior documentary again, but if you haven't seen it, it's totally worth checking out. Not only is it a tear jerker, but it's a great look back on his career and his return just days before his untimely death. 



There is not much on the news front right now but the big story is that Daniel Bryan might require another surgery and could be out for a lot longer than expected. He's been taken out of any of the WWE's upcoming plans and this is surely a blow. He reaches the peak at WrestleMania XXX and gets married, but everything has fallen apart since then. His dad passed away, Connor the Crusher passed away and now he ends up with a huge injury. Hopefully he comes back just as strong as he left and gets the same love from the fans that he was getting before the injury. Get well soon Dragon.



Lastly, Renee Young is supposedly being groomed as a future Smackdown and possibly Raw commentator. She's recently been promoted to Superstars but this is huge. I would love to hear her weekly on the bigger shows as she's fun on NXT and Superstars. She's someone that I greatly prefer to Michael Cole and Jerry "The King" Lawler. While the commentary on NXT is great, the main roster desperately needs something to fix the awful commentary and I hope Renee Young is that jolt.



Well, that's all for now folks. There will be a new WWE Network review up later. To quote Bully Ray, I've decided to start using DA TWITTAH MACHINE more lately so follow me there and on Tumblr.

@the_kevstaa
Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment