Sunday, September 21, 2014

Night of Champions Predictions

Thanks to my new job, this will be the first Pay-Per-View on the WWE Network that I am unable to watch live. I'll have to start it at 9:15 when I get off but that's fine, I'm still here to dish out my predictions. The card looks underwhelming to say the least, although the news of Roman Reigns' hernia injury opens up the intrigue. Now, we have another top face down, which brings the count in 2014 up to four, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns.


This is one of the two matches that I'm looking forward to least. Rusev's feud with Mark Henry has been a lot less entertaining than his feud with Jack Swagger, mainly because we get less Lana vs. Zeb Colter. Having these two close the go home show on Raw was terrible because not many people care for this. Anyway, Rusev is going to stay undefeated until someone important can stop him and Mark Henry isn't that guy.

Winner: Rusev


I know people got their panties in a bunch when The Usos retained the WWE Tag Team Titles against Erick Rowan and Luke Harper at Money in the Bank and Battleground, but I was fine with it. I love the Usos and they've been the best tag team in 2014, while Cody Rhodes and Goldust were arguably the best team in 2013. Nobody could top them for a few months but then they got pushed aside. I wish it was still the regular Brotherhood but I enjoy the Dust Brothers and this could steal the show. Usos retain, sending the Dust Brothers further off the deep end.

Winners: The Usos


One of the matches with the worst builds on the card tonight. Cesaro has done nothing of note since WrestleMania XXX and that will more than likely continue tonight. However, this is a match that I think could be affected by the Roman Reigns injury. With Reigns out, the WWE is in dire need of top faces and Sheamus has filled that role and filled it well. Two days ago, this would've been an easy choice of Sheamus, but I can see Cesaro stealing one and Sheamus moving back up in the card.

Winner: Cesaro


The Intercontinental Championship getting shine is always fun, even though I don't see either of these guys moving up in the card following this feud. The stuff with the stunt doubles has been original and different, which I appreciate and I'm sure this will at least be a solid match. These two Ohioans are really good friends in real life, so their chemistry is pretty good. With the title changing hands on the last two Pay-Per-Views, I don't see that happening again here.

Winner: Dolph Ziggler


I can see this going one of two ways. There's the good way, in which Brie Bella ruins Nikki's chance to become Divas Champion and Paige gets to keep the title. Or the bad way, where Nikki wins the belt to that her program with Brie can have the Divas Title. I don't think their stuff needs the Title since they have Total Divas and a built in sibling rivalry, plus I don't think they should cut the legs off of another Paige title run. I'm going with my heart here.

Winner: Paige


Here is the match with the least build and the one that I care the least about besides Henry/Rusev. This has, literally no point. Randy Orton attacked Chris Jericho because, and these are his words, "What can I say? It's the Season Premiere." I don't even want to write more about this. I expect a good match because it's these two, but with little to no heat.

Winner: Randy Orton


As stated earlier, Roman Reigns is going to miss six or more weeks following his hernia surgery. After seeing him beat Seth Rollins on free television, I expected Seth to win here thanks to shenanigans from Kane. However, with Reigns out, I sense Seth comes out and calls for a forfeit victory before Dean Ambrose returns to a massive pop. I doubt they'll actually have a match as I can see that being saved for Hell in a Cell, but it should be fun.

Winner: N/A


Man, the WWE better not screw this up. Having Brock Lesnar obliterate John Cena at SummerSlam was the correct move and having Cena win back the belt here would be terrible booking. Brock needs to remain the dominant Champion that he is. Cena can put up a better fight this time around, but he doesn't need that 16th title here.

Winner: Brock Lesnar

No comments:

Post a Comment