Sunday, September 6, 2015

Random Match Reviews: Katsuyori Shibata vs. Tomohiro Ishii

Show: G1 Climax 23 Day Four
Date: 8/4/13
Location: Tokyo, Japan



Holy crap. I said that more times than I could count while watching this match. Coming in, I knew these are two dudes that hit very hard but I wasn't prepared for this. I watched on NJPW World with no entrances, so it started with the two men across from each other and a red hot crowd. Right from the bell, they just attack and proceed to spend the next 12 or so minutes just abusing each other. It's violent, it's stiff and it's everything you could want from a match between two badass dudes. There is zero downtime and the food I was eating got cold because I couldn't look away. Seeing both guys kick out at 1 at different times was just great. Knowing how legit their opponent is, both guys just throw any and everything in their arsenal to try and win and it's brilliant. I don't even really know any other words to describe this. Just go watch it. It'll be some of the best 12 minutes you've ever spent.

Match Time - 12:17 *****

No comments:

Post a Comment