Wednesday, December 16, 2015

NXT TakeOver: London Predictions


Honestly, outside of the NXT Title match, this is what I'm looking forward to the most. These are two of the three best female workers in NXT and they should have a really good match. Emma has been absolutely nailing her new heel role, including the more vicious aspects she's shown in recent weeks. Asuka has been pretty must-see, showing off some incredible skills in her short time in NXT. Asuka has been booked as a dominant badass, and I don't see her losing just yet. Except a good to great outing from both women.

Winner: Asuka

I like both of these guys, I really do. Apollo Crews has the potential to be a future NXT and WWE Champion, while Baron Corbin has really grown over the past few months. The heel role really suits him and his in ring work has come a long way, delivering some solid performances. I expect a hard hitting match since this feud has been built pretty well. It'll be odd to see Corbin lose again after being so dominant for so long, but losses to Samoa Joe and Crews, two of the top guys, won't be so bad. Crews wins here because I don't see him taking his first pinfall loss until his next NXT Title match.

Winner: Apollo Crews

I don't understand the booking of NXT tag team division. At TakeOver: Brooklyn, you had the perfect opportunity to put the titles on the hottest team, Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady. They had just lost to BAMF because of Alexa and were insanely over in New York. Instead, the Vaudevillains won. Their reign was short and the belts were put on Dash and Dawson. Now, Enzo and Cass get a shot when Chad Gable and Jason Jordan are the hottest team in the division. Would they really have Dash and Dawson drop the titles already? Why have Cass and Enzo lose another big time TakeOver match? Unfortunately, that's what I see happening.

Winners: Dash and Dawson

2015 has been the year of phenomenal women's matches on NXT TakeOver specials. From the Fatal Four Way at Rival to the Ironman match at Respect, I've given every TakeOver women's match at least ****. I don't see that happening here. That's okay though. With three of the four horsewomen gone, there has to be some new women established. I would rather see Emma or Dana get this chance, but Nia Jax is interesting. I believe that Bayley can help her along well enough to a good, solid match. This is the match I'm split on. On the one hand, Bayley retaining makes the most sense. On the other, Bayley followed a similar path to Sami Zayn, who only held the NXT Title for a few months before dropping it. That could be what happens to Bayley. I'll go with my heart and pick Bayley to retain though.

Winner: Bayley

The arrival of Samoa Joe to NXT, after wasting away his prime years in TNA, didn't really interest me the way it did for a lot of other people. Since turning heel though, he seems to have turned it up a notch, though he's not on the level of Kevin Owens as a top heel in NXT. If they plan on bringing Finn Balor up to the main roster soon, Joe could be a good choice to run with the belt for a bit, before dropping it to a returning Hideo Itami. Two things make me go the other way. One, I don't see Finn getting called up soon and two, Joe has dominated this rivalry. Finn has to win to make up for that a bit.

Winner: Finn Balor

No comments:

Post a Comment