Saturday, August 18, 2018

NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn IV Predictions

How good is the Velveteen Dream? This dude is special and everything he does is outstanding. I like EC3, but he hadn't been too interesting in NXT until coming up against the Dream. It's a tough match to call because I think Dream needs the win more, thanks to a poor TakeOver record, but EC3 hasn't felt like a major deal yet. I guess I'll say EC3, but Dream should win.

Winner: EC3

This is gonna be good and it's still my least favorite match on the card. That's saying something about this show. Their Mae Young Classic Finals match good and I think this will be better. Kairi has the one win over Shayna so far and, while she'd make a fine champion, I don't think it's time to end Shayna's run.

Winner: Shayna Baszler

What a series. Screw whatever is happening in any other tag team division (most aren't any good in 2018). This has been spectacular. Their first two matches were awesome. The first gave us a feel good moment to cap a banger and the second was one of the best told stories in a tag match ever. As great as Mustache Mountain is, I get the sense Undisputed retains. They're around more consistently. This might be MOTN.

Winners: The Undisputed Era

Two guys who I thought were good, but nothing special during their runs on the indies. Since coming to NXT, Adam Cole has improved dramatically and has become a weekly highlight. Ricochet has also been great, so I'm excited for a match that wouldn't have given me that feeling a year ago. I'm going to say Ricochet wins.

Winner: Ricochet

Their two matches have gotten ****3/4 and ***** from me. That's insane. The only combination of singles matches to get that across a six month stretch from me was Hart/Austin in 1996-1997. It's so hard to call this. I've never seen Gargano as a long reigning champion (as great as he is, it doesn't really fit his character), so I just can't see Ciampa having a short reign before his. I also have trouble seeing Ciampa beating him again. It's tough. I'm going with Ciampa.

Winner: Tommaso Ciampa

No comments:

Post a Comment