Friday, August 8, 2014

NXT and Superstars Report 8/8/14

NXT time! The number one contender's Tag Team Tournament kicked off last night with Tye Dillinger and Jason Jordan taking on Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady. I could have sworn that Jason Jordan got released. Maybe I was wrong. This was a pretty good opener as the crowd at Full Sail University was red hot for Amore and Big Cass. I don't think the outcome was ever in doubt and Big Cass was creative when he sacrificed himself for Enzo. A big boot later allowed Enzo to pin Jordan and they advanced in the tournament.


Sami Zayn gets interviewed backstage by Renee Young. They're both Canadian, so they're extremely polite to each other. Sami has no partner tonight, causing Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel to come up to him and talk some smack. FACT. I was hoping to see Adrian Neville show up as Sami's partner but instead we get Adam Rose. Sigh. I'm being a lemon. FACT. He gives Sami his lollipop oddly and they are going to team up later. I guess it could be worse.


CJ Parker squared off with Xavier Woods again in the second match. Parker has really gotten into his character. Woods meanwhile, is in between characters. I understand that NXT is pre-recorded, but it's strange to see him as fun loving Xavier Woods here, when on all other WWE television, he's the straight man in the white suit talking about "we're not going to kiss babies and such" anymore. This was not terrible, but I couldn't really get into it. CJ Parker did have a fun "STOP FRILKIN FRACKING" sign and he scored another win over Woods here.


I remember reading that Eva Marie would be appearing on NXT for the first time and that was last night. She went one on one with Bayley. Her entrance involved her sitting on some square. I honestly have no clue what it meant. The crowd destroyed her with "you can't wrestle" and "worse than Batista" chants, while chanting "Bayley's gonna hug you" and, after Bayley won, chanting "Thank you Bayley." I strongly dislike Eva, but I feel like this is more the WWE's fault for putting her in the ring when she is clearly not ready. However, she could have value as a valet. She draws insane amounts of heat. 


Tyler Breeze announced that he was going to use his number one contender's spot to knock the uggo off of Adrian Neville or something like that. Anyway, it was main event time as Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel took on Adam Rose and Sami Zayn. This was a good main event, as even though Rose isn't the greatest worker, he held his own with guys of this caliber. They got a little over ten minutes to perform this Tag Team Tournament match and yet again, Kidd and his team suffered a loss. I don't see why Zayn and Rose had to advance. Kidd should have pinned Rose to even the score from last week and actually get a win under his belt. Good match, not a fan of the result.


We now move into Superstars, which of course, features the perfect Renee Young. Divas action kicked off the show as Cameron came down to the ring in her unflattering school girl outfit. Her theme music now says "girl bye" in it. I hate it. She faced Emma, who I would love to see get more time to show off how damn good she is. Cameron would win though unfortunately, though it makes more sense in the grand scheme of things. Superstars of course had a BUNCH of the same recaps they waste time with on Raw, Main Event and Smackdown. The best thing about Superstars, besides Renee Young of course, was the backstage SLATER GATOR segment! They're hilarious together. Titus would lose to Sheamus in a hard hitting main event. Pretty solid. 


In the end, NXT was fun this week but nothing spectacular. I'd give it a 7/10. Superstars was decent and when I rate it, I only rate for the two matches and not the crazy amount of recaps. 4/10. Not a bad night of wrestling though, I had fun and I hope you did too. Until next time, follow me on Twitter @the_kevstaaa.

No comments:

Post a Comment